Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nirvana At Reading Festival Revisited

Do you want to share?

Do you like this story?

08/30/92. Nirvana At Reading Festival.

Update: As of today, November 5th, 2009, I found out that the guy who dance onstage is called, "Tony The Interpretive Dancer". I'll keep you updated.

There are at least some reasons behind this post. First, because this is probably Nirvana's best live performance caught on tape (trust me). Second, because this is their only footage I never seen in complete (poor me). The third reason is because I've read reviews about this gig before in almost all Nirvana's/Kurt's biographies, including the one I helped to translate (to Bahasa Indonesia). The last reason is that the official DVD of  Nirvana's "Live At Reading Festival" is due to release in November 2, 2009.
So, think it is as a warm up.

I  thank Nirvana, that allowed me to have ill-channeled angst back then. And for Kurt, for being around as long as you were...

I also want to thank BBBwagggan for uploading these videos. Thanks, man.
This post is dedicated to Mr.C.A.T who are really kind to mention me in his post. I know you'll like it, man.

For the rest of you, Nirvana fans and haters alike, I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
Although, I've placed each songs chronologically ( I'm not sure. Do tell me if I disorder it) here some advices so that you can enjoy it more:
  • Keep in mind that the gig taken place after a long delay that was caused by, but not limited to, the rumor that Kurt had died. Lol! So imagine how the crowds felt when finally Kurt, Krist and Dave had showed on stage and pulled a little play on the rumor before they blast them off literally to ... Nirvana.
  • Try not to be distracted by the guy who was dancing on stage continuously (anyone knows who that w****  is?). He can be really annoying.

'Nuff said... here they come...















The Lithium is disabled, but here's the link
































YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. Long Live Tony The Interpretive Dancer!

Unknown said...

Long Live Tony The Interpretive Dancer!

Post a Comment

Advertisements

Advertisements

Free Website Hosting