Friday, September 25, 2009

How Generous Are You?

Do you want to share?

Do you like this story?

Are you the one who likes to do charity works; always give money to the poor, give an extra alms to the church etc? Are you always give donation to whoever need one? Or are you the kind of people who frown upon the word "donation", thinking it's a sacrilege of some sort because you hold fast to the hard work ethics, that man must work if man wants to eat?
Which one are you?

I'm kinda in the middle of both...
You see, some part of me still believe that asking for money is a kind of thug-ish... whatever the amount is, if one asking in such a way that leave no choice to the one who is being asked for. That's seems wrong.
In another hand, I do realize that there are some people who cornered in an "ask donation or die" situation. Especially when what they do is really benefiting a lot of people, and those people merely take it for granted, not realizing all the hard efforts that preceded they having that service.

I'm talking about great service like Wikipedia. How many times you use it? How many times you benefit from it? And how many times you express your gratitude by giving donation to it? Have you noticed the small donation link in the left upper corner of Wikipedia page? They asking for donation, so that they can live on, helping people like you and me providing information, or in my case, fresh content for my upcoming posts.
I donated $5 today (I'll definitely give more if only I have more money in my PayPal account). It's kinda a relieve knowing that I have done something (though not much) to something that have been helpful to me.
Scratch that. It's always  a relieve to do such thing whether the party we donate to helpful or not. I don't think that the beggars who stationed on every junctions I drive through on my way to work will ever help me, but I give them money anyway and the great feeling is none the less.

At this time you have possibly realized just how many blogs (including this one) have applied the PayPal donation button. Have you donated to any of them?

Some blogs maybe not helpful or less than interesting, but you can always tell whether the person behind it is really serious about it or not; whether she/he spends a good shares of her/his time to maintain them, so that  the visitors feel welcomed/informed/entertained when they are bouncing out. I'm not talking about those good, established and well- maintained professional websites. I'm talking on the behalf of any amateur bloggers; single moms, retired pops, the unemployed who probably won't starve without your donation, but who will be ever grateful to any that comes in.

Let's make donation a habit. Save the world. Make a donation, today.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Advertisements

Advertisements

Free Website Hosting